Sunday, December 7, 2008

Even in Italy the mind of people is in their eyes!



I am neither drunk nor dizzy but what I am writing here is reality which I have experienced therefore I want to share it with you.

Well, may it be or not good to write here my very personal experiences with you, however the purpose of this page is to share my personal stories and experiences with you through it.
A few days ago, there was a theatre in Milan, and I was invited there as an Afghan filmmaker, journalist through some of the friends I knew, but on that day, I didn’t have time to go home from work and then go to the theater, because I finished work a bit late.
The time was too short and I was just too tired and the way was a bit far from work to go home and then to go to the theater, so there was no energy to go home, take a bath, change clothes and then go to the theatre.

Well, I forgot to tell you that I got a small job by the help of commune di Milano after many months of joblessness, nevertheless, this work is something to pass time with and get some earnings as the pocket money to live with.
So, back to the story, on that day, it was about thirty minutes before the beginning of theater that I found the address and I was in my a bit dusty or dirty cloths that I with which I directly came from work, and I entered there, with the little invitation paper that I had, and said to the information point of the theater that I am invited, there were two persons at the information point, a man and a young woman. They saw the invitation paper, read it quickly and then looked at my clothes and then they said, lets see if this names exits in our computer, the just typed something as if I didn’t know anything about computer or so, and then they said to me, “excuse me, this name does not appear in the list of invites in our computer system”, it was strange for me that my name didn’t appear there as I was invited, I asked them to look once again, they looked at each other and then again pretended to type something as if I didn’t know what they would write.

Well this time, I was a bit angrier, and I asked, “Could you please kindly let me see, if my names exists there or not?” the middle aged man pushed the key board towards on the info point, and I press control+F to see if my may name could be found this way, and typed there in the blank cell, “Amin Wahidi”, ding the name appeared and I showed them that my name is right here, the young woman was got a bit red, but the middle wondered that, how this dusty person could find his name in the list in their computer, well, they said, okay, we may have made mistake to type the correct spelling or so.
To be short, then they were still doubtful if I was the person being invited or not. Therefore they asked me if I had a document of identification which I didn’t have unfortunately on that day with me.
Oh, there knife got sharpened and said how do we know if you are this person.
I was going to be mashed there while I got very angry and wanted to shout on them, but kept silent and said to myself. May be they are right.
I said nothing and picked that invitation paper to go home and rest then, when I couldn’t watch the theatre, so I thanked them and said sorry for not having my document of identification and moved towards home.
First I decided not to return, because it was too late then. But once I thought, may be they didn’t let me go in because of my style, my face or my cloths?! Lets see if it works this way this time and I changed my idea and went home to take a bath and come back.

I took a bath, wore my suit with a nice tie, put on my new shoes and then went back to the theatre hall but this time it was about 75 minutes late when I arrived there.
This time, to the info point, I just showed the invitation paper from far away without showing any document of identification or telling my name, I just gently said to them, I am invited here, and wondering and smiling both the man and the young woman without asking for a document or checking my name told me; “please go in sir!”
But for me it was very funny that they let me go in just because of my better cloths.
However, I was really confused, I was angry that they didn’t let me go in the first time on the other hand, I had to tell them, what they do is not right.
I was to laugh or to cry, I lost the time to go home and now it was too late for the theater because more than an hour was passed already.

I didn’t know was it because they were racist people or what ever but they really offended me and I wanted to revenge somehow.
I was angry and a bit nervous so I paused, smiled at them and automatically I showed my sleeves to them and told them, “No thanks, dear friends, I don’t want to go in now, because my sleeves want to watch a film now instead of a stage theater. Ciao ciao. And I went and watched “The body of lies” Redly Scott’s latest film about the CIA- Terrorism game in which Leonardo Dicaprio Russel Crowe are starring as well as Gulshefta Jan Farahani, the Iranian Actress has also a role.
Well this experience reminds me of another story that I heard long time ago during the secondary school, from our teacher about a poet who was invited by a king in his palace, but because he had torn costume the guards did not allow him into the palace. He went and changed his cloths and came back. Then they let him go in. When they brought the food for lunch, the poet put the food into his sleeves and loudly shouted; “my costume! eat! so because of you they let me come in.”
Before I didn't think such thing could occur for me here in Italy but hereafter I have changed my mind and I can surely say here also sometimes people's mind is in their eyes as in our own country, or may be Milano is the capital of mode and fashion so people have to be fashionable here! ha ha ha ha ha ha
Be evergreen.

No comments: